Friday, July 9, 2010

TGIF!!


I had such a wonderful day. Because I am self-employed as a bookkeeper, I set Fridays aside to get groceries, pay bills, catch up on laundry and clean my house. The last few Fridays, I have booked myself up and then resent everything around me. I always have big dreams, that I will get everything on my list done and then have lots of time to spend working on my scrapbooks, prepare for classes, etc. IT NEVER HAPPENS. I know a lot of you probably feel the same way that there is never enough time to get everything done. I mentioned something to my cousin and she recommended I read "When Women Long for Rest" by Cindi McMenamin. It is such a good book as it explains what the world calls rest is superficial and DOES NOT last. I have been doing the exercises and finding time to relax and seek God for guidance. Even though I am not "there", I know turning my "junk" over to God and letting him handle my burdens will allow me to spend quality time with the people I love so much and be able to find time to do the hobbies I enjoy. That being said, my "To Do List" today still has a bunch of stuff on it, but my daughter and son enjoyed a terrific "homemade" lunch and found time to laugh about our day. I also found time to make my oldest son Jeffrey's birthday card (early I might add) using My Digital Studio.


God is so good!
Blessings,
Shannon Willis


2 comments:

  1. Well, how oh so cute! Great sketch and love your blog. Following so I can enjoy your creations...Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! I just started following.
    www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete