Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 76

I am so excited to finally submit something for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I really enjoy these challenges, but lately things have gotten in the way and I haven't been able to submit anything.

Here is this week's challenge



and here is my take on it



I love the new Hostess Stamp Set Because I Care and have seen so many beautiful cards created with it. I also like the fact that it is simple and elegant, just like this week's challenge. For this challenge, I attempted the watercolor technique. It is one of my favorite techniques, however I have such a hard time with it. When I use my Aqua Painter, my hand shakes terribly and I sometimes have to re-do my card. Does this happen to anyone else? At least this one turned out pretty good. I hope you enjoy it.

Stamps: Because I Care
Ink: Old Olive, Night of Navy and Bashful Blue
Paper: Kraft, Night of Navy card stock, Watercolor Paper and Patterned Pack II DSP
Accessories: Clips Assortment and Old Olive Ribbon

10 comments:

  1. Nice project. Thank you for following my blog too and for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card... I love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog....I am following yours now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Can't wait to check yours out :-)

    Julie Babcock
    www.craftasticpassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stamp set! I'm now a follower
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for following my blog, Your is great I really like the neat idea of the hamburger cake too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like all the previous comments....thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I am happily following your blog. Everything looks great.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete