Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where did June go??

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I posted last. Time is surely zooming by. Summer is here and will be gone before you know it. Time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I promised myself this year I would start Christmas shopping in July and not wait until the last minute.

Well, enough of that. My son Kody and I spent a week in Murphy, North Carolina. My sister and I have decided to re-open our family campground. It had gotten to be too much for my mom to take care of and she closed it about 5 yerars ago. Since deciding to re-open, we already have campers. That is a such a blessing. We contacted some of the guests that stayed with us regularly and they all had such kind words to say. As we can, we are going to be making much needed upgrades. I can honestly say that even though we worked our butts off, I really enjoyed North Carolina. Many trips prior, I couldn't wait to get back home to Florida. I think it was because things slow down up there and I needed the rush, rush of life. Now that I am hmmm OLDER!!!, I am looking for some quiet too. On Sundays, many of the local stores close, most families spend a quiet afternoon at home after church. Sitting on the porch drinking a cup of coffee and taking in all that God has created was WONDERFUL. In the afternoon, after working around the park cleaning, it was nice to listen to the creek. Notice how I said listen. It is still TOOOO COLD for me to stick my feet in. Hopefully if everything goes right, I can get back to my mountain retreat in August.

If you or someone you know likes to camp and get away from it all, we would appreciate it if you would refer them to our campground. Our website is, Hanging Dog Creek Campground. Here are some pictures past and present. I hope you enjoy them.

My view on the porch drinking coffee (present).


My daughter Sara playing in the creek (past).
Kody with his prize catch (past).




View of the creek and park after clean up (present).

4 comments:

  1. Great blog!

    I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pics - your campground looks fabulous!! I am a follower now Shannon so look forward to seeing some of your fab creations!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon, I live in the Winston Salem, Greensboro area of NC. I am going to check out your campground website. Meanwhile, can you tell me how you got your playlist to look more like a radio. I don't like the picture that is on mine. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete