Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm Back, well sort of...

Where do I begin!! It has been so long since I have posted anything and here is the reason why ...



Since the beginning of this school year, I have been so busy with my daughter Sara. We are a homeschool family and years past have been just so so. We didn't get too involved in many "groups" as my kids were older and they were having a difficult time finding "their niche". This year however, is the exception. Sara has gotten involved in Youth In Government, FISH Hawks Football and a social life too. Not sure I am ready for the last one :(.







We began our year with YIG and since this year was an election year, we were priviledged to be a part of our local candidates campaign. Little did I know I would be taxi driver or shuttle to not only my kid, but other YIGGERS (I didn't make that up) as well. Even though I don't consider myself to be very "political", I had a blast supporting our local candidates. I have also enjoyed getting to know the members of YIG and their families. Most of them are also FISH Hawks, which brings me to FOOTBALL.


It has been AGES since I have gone to a high school football game. I am not too much of a football fan (except UF vs. FSU), but let me tell you, those guys can play some mean football. The season ended up with the Hawks making it to the semi-finals.



Of course, during football season we managed to squeeze in a homeschool homecoming. Being the parent of a TEENAGE GIRL, there is always so much to do. Shopping for dresses, shoes, makeup, manis and pedis, oh my!! It was an awesome experience for Sara, one she will never forget. I am proud that my daughter did so well in picking her friends. The young women and men she "hangs out" with are truly exceptional kids and their parents are just as great.



Hopefully now that some of the functions are out of the way (for now), I am hoping to get back into the swing of CRAFTY things. I promise to share some really cool items I have been working on over the last few days. On Saturday, I am hosting my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack/tea party. I can't wait to have a day to enjoy my friends and my crafts.


Be Blessed Everyone!!



Shannon Willis


http://www.shannonscropstop.stampinup.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment