Saturday, March 6, 2010

A little bit of me...

I spent much of today with my daughter, Sara. She made a deal with me that if I took her to Starbucks, she would go to Joann's with me. Even though she knows there is always ONE more stop. We do enjoy our Starbucks (although going on Saturday = BAD IDEA. It was busy, busy, busy!)

After our errands, she managed some time to ride as she is preparing for a horse show next weekend. As I watched her ride, I remember when I was her age. I could ride for hours and for that short time, it was just me and my horse. I see a lot of that in Sara and her horse. I have to admit that she is so much better at riding than I was. She rides english and is so disciplined, making sure her posture is good, leads are correct and has very quiet hands. I was more of a "hop on your back and ride where ever." Even though we are very different, she is a little bit of me, and I love that. :)

1 comment: